The Mysterious Number 80 Crantham Street – Frequently Asked Questions (Audio pilot drama)
Since I started my pilot project, I've had a few questions come my way, so I thought I'd put together a little FAQ.
1. Is The Mysterious Number 80 Crantham Street a commissioned piece of work?
No, The Mysterious Number 80 Crantham Street isn't a commissioned project. I rediscovered a short film script that I had originally written in 2005. I rewrote it and submitted it to film festivals, where it received some positive feedback and recognition.
Following the success of the script and the feedback I received, I decided to adapt it into an audio drama pilot project. I'm hoping it will be released in early 2027.
2. Did you receive any funding for the project?
No, I haven't received any funding. The project is being produced under the Mischief Pictures banner.
I've been very fortunate to have several professional actors interested in helping me with the project. They have fitted it around their professional work because they were interested in exploring the pilot and the characters.
The rest of the cast come from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, although several have experience of working in and around drama projects.
3. Are you using a real cat in the project?
No! Anyone who has a pet cat will tell you that cats rarely do what you want them to do.
Tiger, the cat in the script, is based on an old ginger tom I used to have as a pet when I was originally writing the script back in the early 2000s.
I do have a cat now, but she definitely won't be taking part. When I've introduced a microphone, she has either completely ignored it or tried to attack it. So, no, I don't think any real cats will be working on this project!
4. What will happen to the final project?
It will initially be released as a podcast on YouTube. It may eventually appear on other platforms, but it is too early to say at this stage.
I may also use the experience of making the audio drama to develop the script into a feature film screenplay. But I have lots of ideas, and this whole project is an experiment, so I'll just have to see what happens.
5. What will you work on next?
My main job nowadays is as a factual filmmaker, so I will continue doing that for as long as I can.
As I've explained previously, this is a pilot project that I wanted to try because I'm a fan of fantasy and horror. I am definitely outside my comfort zone with this project, but if you don't try these things, you never know what you might learn or discover.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
So, where are we now?
We have just one more rehearsal, which will take place on 20th September, followed by the final recordings on 26th and 27th September.
After that, I'll spend whatever free time I can find working on the editing and bringing all the different elements together.
It's been quite a journey so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this little experiment takes me.



Comments
Post a Comment